Role of the Membership Secretary
As at 16 Nov 2019
The post of Membership Secretary is required by the Constitution, and the incumbent is a member of the Committee of the Andover U3A. The current Membership Secretary is Jean McLeod, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Membership Secretary's role includes the following activities:
1. Maintain the database / spreadsheet of membership details and enrol new members throughout the year.
2. Bank all receipts and notify Treasurer.
3. Manage annual membership renewal process in Spring. Enclose printed copies of Spring newsletter for those not having emailed copies, along with AGM papers and manage the distribution process.
4. On the Membership spreadsheet / database, in addition to contact details, record Gift Aid Declarations, TAT mailing consent and emailed newsletter preference. Share these with the Treasurer, TAT Direct Mail Submissions and the Newsletter Editor respectively as required.
5. After June meeting, issue reminder to non-renewed members.
6. After 30th June, delete non renewed members, and destroy previous year’s records.
7. Conduct a membership audit after 31st August if required by committee and in liaison with Groups Co-ordinator.
8. Display attendance sheet at monthly meetings and respond to membership enquiries.
9. Act as a member of Committee.
A more detailed breakdown of tasks, helpful to anyone considering the role, is available from the current Membership Ssecretary on request.